I am a multi-skilled engineer. I hold a Masters in Electronic Engineering and a Doctorate in Signal Processing. I have worked as a programmer and systems designer for 20 years and have a broad skill set. I am personable and have run small teams of engineers in the past; but work alone as a contractor now. I can turn my hand to any computing or programming problem, but my chosen areas of expertise are as follows:
- Linux systems or application programming
- Linux systems administration
- PHP/Python Web Development
- AVR/MSP430/ARM Embedded Development
I have worked as a systems administrator, database administrator, technical director and developer. I am familiar with the following technologies, but am happy to learn any new technologies needed for a project.
- Software Expertise: Cross-platform, Qt, Server, TCP/IP, Multi-threading, Linux Drivers, Digital Video Decoding/Display, SQLite, ffmpeg, Embedded
- Operating System Expertise: Linux
- Application Expertise: PostgreSQL, Apache, Latex, git, subversion, cvs
- Open Source Contributions: git
A small section of my open source software is available at github.com/andyparkins, should you wish to see my programming style.
I am a keen proponent of the Bitcoin online currency; and am willing to accept them in payment.